Carbon monoxide detectors
What is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon monoxide detectors are an extremely valuable asset to a home that can save lives. Carbon monoxide detectors warn the homeowner early of possible carbon monoxide in the air.
Where in Our Homes Does Carbon Monoxide Come From?
- Water heaters
- Wood stoves
When a carbon monoxide detector goes off, the amount of times it beeps will indicate different warnings. The meanings of the different carbon monoxide detector beeps are as follows:
- Four beeps with a pause means that carbon monoxide is present, and the premise should be vacated. Four beeps with a pause also means the fire station should be contacted because danger is present.
- One beep each minute means your detectors batteries have almost died and either need to be replaced or charged.
- Five beeps a minute indicates it is time to replace your current carbon monoxide detector with a new one.
If the carbon monoxide alarm sounds with four beeps and a pause, immediately exit the building and give the fire station a call. Do not ignore the sounds or simply turn the detector off. It is always better to be safe rather than sorry especially when it comes to health.
There are a variety of ways to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning such as turning on your car outside and not inside the garage. Having proper ventilation and heating in your home is also a great way to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. Give Efficient Air Heating & Cooling a call for expert service and more information on the importance of carbon monoxide detectors.